Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Day Out

On Tuesday I usually take Owen to Mom's Club at the hospital.  I can weigh him, and hang out with other new moms.  Today he weighed in at 7lbs 6.5oz today.  He has finally gained a pound, and we couldn't be more excited. 

I am so thankful that he is finally gaining weight, but I always get a little down when I see or hear how big other babies his age are.  I just really want him to get healthy, and he is doing great for having his condition, but I just want a normal healthy baby now.  I think the whole open heart surgery thing is getting scarier and more real with every ounce he gains.  When he was only 6 pounds and we knew he had to be 10 pounds it seemed so far away, but now it really isn't.  If he keeps up at this rate he will be having surgery in February.

On a positive note, I had a great lunch out today!

1 comment: