Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Monday

Owen slept all night last night, from 9pm until 5am, he woke us up making tons of grunting noises in his sleep.  It's the first time that's happened, I hope it becomes a regular occurance.  I wish I could say I got a bunch of extra sleep, but between the grunting and the cats I didn't.  It's funny because our cats have gotten used to us being up in the night and have gotten used to getting a midnight snack, so they woke me up so they could get their fix.

I had my 6 week postpartum appontment with my OB today, I think we are celebrities at our hospital.  My doctor new all about Owen's adventure and emergency transport to Milwaukee. Typically they see VSD's in utero, and I think he felt pretty bad that they didn't catch it before Owen was born, he apologized about a hundred times, and told me he looked at all my ultrasounds and still doesn't see the VSD on the pictures.  I never blamed anyone for missing it, as we were lucky to still find it before Owen was in heart failure, and anything really serious happened.

I only have two weeks of maternity leave left, so this week Dad gets to start practicing since he will be home with Owen three days during the week.  So far today they are vegging on the couch, Owen loves laying on his dad, so I think there are many lazy days ahead.

Here's a picture of Owen at 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment